Anyway, the night was rolling on and we were all becoming a little drunker (some more than others) I'm chatting away to my friends when all of sudden, I feel hot, not just ooh isn't it hot in this crowded room but oh my God my arse is on fire hot. I turn to look at the reflection in the window and see my long top on fire...to which I yell at my hubby to "To put me out" so what does he do?? (I should point out at this point that my work colleagues call him Captain Underpants due to him answering the door to them in his boxer shorts...that's a whole other blog!!) Well it turns out Captain Underpants is the WORST Superhero EVER!! He tried to blow me out like I was a flippin birthday cake...to which I'm still yelling "Put me out" in the end he decided smacking my arse was the best way to do that. My work colleagues were in fits of laughter, I could here the hostess saying she could smell burning. Yep, that was me. When I protested about being blown out the hubby did say he'd made a wish!!
Fortunately I was ok...just one VERY ruined top - which happens to be my favourite. However the "fun" didn't stop there, remember I mentioned that the host was a DJ?? Well check out his playlist for the next twenty minutes after my candle incident:-
Ring of Fire, Relight my fire, C'mon baby light my fire, Firestarter and Sex on fire which the chorus was aptly changed to.... "Woooohooo Bev's arse is on fire" Hysterical!! Man I was on fire last night!!!
So there was my it could only happen to me story...you'd think after hours of having to watch Fireman Sam with my youngest that I'd be well aware of the dangers of candles by now! Ah well at least I have my own Captain Underpants to protect me!!! (And I do have a new party piece, I'm available for weddings, bar mitzvahs, christenings...I really light the room up!!)